MIAMI GARDENS, FL – NOVEMBER 23: The Miami Hurricanes take the field during a game against the Virginia Cavaliers at Sun Life Stadium on November 23, 2013 in Miami Gardens, Florida. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)Miami is staging a comeback against Notre Dame in South Bend, and wide receiver Ahmmon Richards is doing his part, hurdling the heck out of a Fighting Irish defender.Notre Dame jumped out to a 20-0 lead mid-way through the second quarter, but it has been all Hurricanes since. With just under seven minutes left in the game, Miami leads Notre Dame 27-20, after Miami’s Michael Jackson returned a Notre Dame fumble for a touchdown on a ‘Canes punt.Wide receiver Ahmmon Richards has been very good for the Hurricanes thus far, and had one play that will be on every highlight reel tonight. Notre Dame’s Julian Love is going to want this one back, on the other hand.Ahhhhhhhmon. pic.twitter.com/IvY2bQf9hQ— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 29, 2016Richards has three catches for 51 yards, and two carries for eight yards for the ‘Canes tonight. The game is crucial for both teams. Miami is looking for its first win since the team’s devastating loss to rival Florida State, and Notre Dame is hanging on to the possibility of a bowl game, with a 2-5 record.
The Special Tribunal for Lebanon said that the court’s Pre-Trial Judge, Daniel Fransen, had received a submission declining to seek continued detention of the generals from Prosecutor Daniel Bellemare on Monday.The prosecutor concluded that the evidence was insufficient at this time to warrant filing indictments against Jamil Mohamad Amin El Sayed, Ali Salah El Dine El Hajj, Raymond Fouad Azar or Mostafa Fehmi Hamdan.On 15 April, Judge Fransen ordered the prosecutor to file, by 27 April 2009, reasoned submissions stating whether or not he requested the continued holding of the generals, who had been detained by Lebanese authorities since 2005.The judge stressed that that it is a fundamental right, enshrined in all human rights instruments, that any individual arrested or detained be brought promptly before a judge to rule on his or her status.In declining to seek the continued detention, Mr. Bellemare said that he was guided by three basic legal principles: the presumption of innocence, the principle that detention of persons presumed innocent must always be the exception and not the rule, and the need for sufficiency of credible and admissible evidence. The Tribunal, an independent body located in The Hague, is designed to try those accused of a series of recent political murders in Lebanon, particularly the February 2005 bombing that killed Mr. Hariri and 22 others in downtown Beirut.It took over from the Beirut-based International Independent Investigation Commission (IIIC) in the beginning of March 2009. The investigation of the murders continues under the guidance of Prosecutor Bellemare, who also headed the probe while the case rested with the IIIC, and a trial will take place when he has sufficient evidence in place.“The scope of the investigation is broad and remains focused on its objective: to assist the court in establishing the truth by uncovering credible and legally admissible evidence that can lead to the filing of indictments and, later, trials,” the prosecutor wrote in his Monday submission.Asked by journalists in New York about the position of Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on the releases, UN spokesperson Farhan Haq stressed the independence of the Tribunal.“The Secretary-General was not involved in earlier decisions to detain people or today’s decision to release them. He respects the independence of the process,” Mr. Haq said. 29 April 2009A judge in the tribunal set up to try suspects in the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri today decided to grant the release of four generals detained in connection with the 2005 bombing.
Mr Ali, who still works for the firm and lives in Leeds, said: “I am over the moon with the outcome.”The judgement proved that I did definitely have the right to take it as far as I did. I am just so happy to have got it all sorted.”A spokesman for Capita Customer Management said it would appeal and added: “We are aware of the tribunal-level decision in relation to Mr Ali and as an organisation that takes equal opportunities very seriously.”We are disappointed with the outcome in this case on that part of the claim where we were unsuccessful.”A hearing to decide on compensation for Mr Ali is due to take place in the near future. “Either parent can perform the role of caring for their baby in its first year depending on the circumstances and choices made by the parents.” A father has successfully sued his employer for failing to give him full paternity leave rights, in a case thought to be the first of its kind. Call centre worker Madasar Ali was told by Capita that he would only get two weeks of full pay while women were entitled to 14 weeks.The case is the first of its kind to be won by a man in England under new shared parental leave laws introduced in two years ago. Mr Ali wanted the leave to care for his new daughter while his wife was ill with post-natal depression, but was told his pay would fall to the statutory minimum after two weeks.Capita’s lawyer Paul Wilson argued at a Leeds employment tribunal that as a man, Mr Ali wasn’t eligible for maternity leave because he couldn’t give birth.But the tribunal found that the decision was contrary to the Equality Act and also went against parental leave rules introduced in April 2015 which allow parents to share up to 50 weeks of leave and 37 weeks of pay.Employment judge Rita Rogerson said: “It was accepted that he was denied that benefit and was deterred from taking the leave and was less favourably treated as a man. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings.