Batesville, IN— With a detailed plan to bring students back safely, the Batesville Community School Corporation (BCSC) has announced that it will return to in-classroom instruction on the scheduled first day of school on August 5, according to Paul Ketcham, BCSC superintendent. The BCSC plan is contingent upon Governor Eric Holcomb moving Indiana into Stage 5 of its safe reopening plan in early July, as projected.“Using the guidance provided by the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE), the BCSC administration is addressing every aspect of school life and making the adjustments we think are necessary to safely bring our students and staff back into our buildings,” Ketcham stated. “The governor has empowered local school districts to review the recommendations offered by the IDOE and to tailor those for each community. We’ve been working hard to determine the best practices for keeping students healthy while still delivering the quality education Batesville is famous for.”BCSC is developing a document entitled “Batesville Blueprint: Bringing Bulldogs Back Safely on August 5th,” which will provide a district-specific version of the IDOE guidelines. The guidelines will address common concerns such as safety on the buses, in the classroom, at mealtimes, and during athletics and other extracurriculars. In addition, the plan will address steps parents and guardians can take at home to reduce the risk of spreading communicable diseases within the school community.“To explain Batesville’s plans, I’ll be providing weekly video updates to students, parents, and other stakeholders between now and the start of school,” Ketcham explained. “These videos will help break down our plans into smaller sections, and will be shared on social media and on our special COVID-19 website.”More information and the videos will be available by clicking here. Like the guidance provided by the state, this local document is likely to be subject to revision.
The team could have put up excuses for playing badly she said but rather than blame jet lag, travel fatigue or feeling demoralized, the team has excelled so far. “ You are not quitters and failure was not an option you entertained,” she continued.“Despite some stories I have read about comparative lack of adequate support for the athletes, it is heartwarming to know that their personal determination has propelled them on. Thank you to all the patriots that hang on and give the best they have to the country,” Carrington said.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Arese Carrington, wife of former US ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, has poured encomiums on the Nigerian men’s football team at the Rio Olympics in Brazil.Themedical doctor and international public health specialist was effusive in her praise of the team against the backdrop of its well-publicised challeges buring the build up to the Games and during the competition itself.“Thank you Nigeria U-23 football team! You are truly a dream team,” she in a statement made available to THISDAY. “Despite the “Olympic arrival” fiasco, you did not grumble nor crumble, instead you remained focused and notwithstanding arriving just a few hours before your game you went on to beat Japan (5-4),” Nigerian-born Carrington said.