Tag: 上海夜网GI

CUNA continues push to DOD for MLA clarity, changes

No Comments

first_img 4SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr CUNA continues its push on the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) for guidance and possible revisions to the Military Lending Act (MLA). CUNA sent several potential revisions to the MLA to the DOD, which asked CUNA to submit guidance suggestions last month.The DOD finalized changes to the MLA last year, adding a number of protections on loans extended to covered military servicemembers. Covered loans to borrowers cannot exceed a 36% military annual percentage rate (MAPR).In the letter, CUNA Deputy Chief Advocacy Officer Elizabeth Eurgubian asked for an update on the status of additional changes to the MLA, as well as the status of the development of compliance guidance. CUNA urged the DOD to develop the guidance in coordination with the NCUA, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and other federal financial regulators.CUNA also asked the DOD to consider the following substantive changes to the MLA rule, in order to lessen the likelihood of harm to servicemembers resulting from the rule’s unintended consequences: continue reading »last_img read more

Former Michigan CEO admits embezzlement

No Comments

first_img 8SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading » Stanley Hayes, former president/CEO of the liquidated Valley State Credit Union, is scheduled to be sentenced in April after he admitted to embezzling $710,000 from the Saginaw, Mich. cooperative.Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said Hayes pleaded guilty in a state court last week to 13 felonies, which included embezzlement, computer crime and racketeering.Hayes, 45, was CEO of VSCU from 2005 until he was fired in 2016.In order to make the financial position of VSCU appear better than it was to auditors, Hayes used embezzled funds to pay loans, including loans held by dead persons.last_img

The Latest: Australia rugby league tour of England canceled

No Comments

first_imgAll first-division matches in the Spanish league are expected to be played without fans until the end of the season.Government officials believe some fans will be allowed back by next season with restrictions.___The International Tennis Federation and four Grand Slam tournaments are pledging more than $300,000 in financial support for wheelchair athletes and national event hosts affected financially by the coronavirus pandemic.Wheelchair tennis players who earned under $100,000 in prize money last year and meet certain ranking requirements can apply for a grant under the program. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The first England-Australia rugby league series in 17 years has been canceled. The conference said each school can use its own discretion in deciding when athletes return to campus. The Big 12 had suspended all team activities, voluntary or required, because of the coronavirus pandemic through May 31. As of June 1, new rules go into effect. In-person required and voluntary team activities are still banned for all athletes from June 1-14.Football players can resume voluntary on-campus activity on June 15. Other fall sport athletes can begin voluntary on-campus activity on July 1. Basketball players can participate in on-campus voluntary activities, starting July 6, and all other sports can resume voluntary activities on campus on July 15.Virtual or online supervised workouts and skill instruction is still not permitted. All required virtual or online activities, such as film study, are limited to eight hours per week and only on-field coaches may conduct those sessions.___The Japanese MotoGP has been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic. There is still not date set for the return of soccer in Brazil.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 England’s Rugby Football League and the Australian Rugby League Commission made the joint announcement.England was to play Australia at Bolton on Oct 31, at Leeds on Nov. 7, and for the first time at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Nov. 14.The series was canceled because of the uncertainty over global travel, and the need to extend both countries’ domestic seasons, stalled by the pandemic.Both governing bodies are committed to planning a series in 2022, after the Rugby League World Cup in England in 2021.___ June 1, 2020 The Latest: Australia rugby league tour of England canceled The wheelchair tennis tour has been suspended since March and at least until the end of July because of the COVID-19 outbreak.More than 85 ITF-sanctioned wheelchair events have been postponed or canceled.___Italian soccer authorities are considering the possibility of allowing fans into stadiums starting next month.The Italian league is set to resume on June 20 with no spectators allowed. There are also strict rules limiting the number of people in the stadium to 300. That includes both teams, staff and journalists. The president of Spanish soccer club Las Palmas says fans may be allowed in to watch the team’s second-division match against Girona on June 13 in the Canary Islands.Miguel Ángel Ramírez has told the club’s official radio station the official announcement could be made next week.Spain has been gradually easing confinement restrictions across the country and the Canary Islands has been one of the most advanced regions controlling the coronavirus outbreak.Ramírez says Spanish health authorities will have the final say on whether fans will be allowed at the Gran Canaria Stadium.Details were not immediately announced but about a third of the 32,000-capacity venue could be open to fans. Italian media are reporting that the soccer federation could discuss the possibility of increasing that number and permitting a vastly reduced number of fans.Federation president Gabriele Gravina says “it’s something I really wish for with all my heart.”Gravina says “it’s unthinkable that in a stadium that can hold 60,000 there’s not space for a small percentage of fans with the necessary precautions.”___The Big 12 Conference announced its schools can begin bringing athletes back to campus, with the resumption of voluntary activities starting June 15 for football players. The race was scheduled for Oct. 18 at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit. Organizers say they hope to return to the same venue next year.Japan has a big presence in the sport and is the home of manufacturers Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki.Organizers say this is first time since 1986 that Japan will not host a race.MotoGP says it is trying to restart the season with races staying in Europe until mid-November. A race in Japan after that would be too late in the season.___ Brazilian soccer club Vasco da Gama says 16 of its players have tested positive for the coronavirus.The Rio de Janeiro club says the positive results came after tests were conducted on about 250 people.Three players have already recovered and the others remain separated from the group.The club says it will begin a series of medical evaluations on squad members.Atlético Mineiro and Cruzeiro said Sunday one player in each squad tested positive. Atlético said Ecuadorean midfielder Juan Cazares had the virus. Cruzeiro announced that forward Vinícius Popó was infected. Associated Press last_img read more

Jamaican hotel workers in North Carolina relocated from Hurricane Florence

No Comments

first_imgWith Hurricane Florence making landfall in North Carolina on Friday, the Jamaican Ambassador to the United States is giving reassurances that the Jamaican authorities are working closely with state and hotel officials to ensure the safety of Jamaican guest workers in the affected region of the U.S. east coast. Jamaican Ambassador, Audrey P. Marks, has stated that the Jamaican Embassy has been actively monitoring the situation, along with the officers of the Jamaica Central Labour Organisation (JCLO), who are in constant contact with all of the guest workers, mainly in the hotel sector, in the areas affected by the hurricane.  Everything is being done to ensure these workers are safe, Ambassador Marks stressed.In constant contactMrs. Debbie Hutchinson, the liaison officer who has responsibility for that area, is in constant contact with all of the workers and is monitoring the situation. Ms. Hutchinson has been getting updates which state that so far, everyone is well.Where any need arises for these workers to be relocated, it is being done, Ambassador Marks has further assured.Workers at OMNI HiltonOne hundred and one (101) workers will be relocating from OMNI Hilton Head in South Carolina to OMNI Champions Gate in Orlando, Florida. The JCLO liaison officer has also been in contact with the human resources director of OMNI Hilton Head, Dorothy Beeks, who would be accompanying the workers to Orlando. She also reported that all is well.Workers at Sonesta Resort Sixty workers from Sonesta Resort in South Carolina were identified for relocation to the Sonesta Hotel in Orlando, Florida.  The Governor of South Carolina has since recalled the evacuation order for the southern counties. Consequently, Sonesta Resort delayed moving the workers to Orlando.The JCLO has been assured by the Sonesta Resort General Manager that he would relocate the workers from staff housing to the hotel on Saturday if it becomes necessary.Workers at Sea Island One hundred and fifty one (151) workers at Sea Island in Georgia are in preparation mode if an evacuation order is issued.   The property is no longer in the path of danger. Therefore, there is no need for evacuation.Workers at Kingston Plantation HotelNinety Seven (97) workers at Kingston Plantation Hotel in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, were relocated to the North Myrtle Beach High School.  They are presently being accommodated in the hallways. Catastrophic flooding is expected in Myrtle Beach and in the north eastern part of South Carolina.last_img read more

Hans Pluym ready for Medeama challenge

No Comments

first_imgNewly appointed coach of SC Medeama Hans Van Der Pluym says he is ready for the challenge.The former Berekum Chelsea trainer has signed a two-year deal after agreeing personal terms with the Tarkwa based side.The Dutchman, who is taking over from coach Evans Adotey, will be required to lead them in their maiden campaign in the CAF Confederation Cup next year.He has experience on the continent having coached Berekum Chelsea in last year’s CAF Champions league and Ethiopian side Saints Georges .According to Van Der Pluym he is going to build on the team’s recent success in the upcoming season.“Getting a chance in a professional club such as Medeama is a great challenge,” he told Joy sports “There are very good structures at Medeama in terms organization and for me every opportunity is a new challenge and I’m ready for that.“I think we have to strengthen the team in some positions and with that I believe we can do something in next season’s league and the CAF Confederation cup.”Van Der Pluym will be assisted Evans Adotey, who won the club’s first major silverware last Sunday in the MTN Ghana FA Cup.last_img read more