Tag: 上海夜网XZ

Gold Coast family swap rural home for one near the ocean

No Comments

first_imgA family snapped up no. 16 Back St, Biggera Waters at auction last week.A YOUNG family will trade their rural lifestyle for one on the coastline after snapping up a waterfront home at auction.The Maudsland residents offered $1.2 million to secure the Biggera Waters property on Back St.They were one of four registered bidders vying for the property’s keys at an in-room auction event on Tuesday night. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:44Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:44 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p288p288p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow to bid at auction for your dream home? 01:45 An interested buyer from Sydney flew up to attend the auction.Mr Booth said the young family were determined to make the house theirs.“The water for them was a big reason,” he said.The double-storey residence fronts the canal and is a short walk to the Broadwater.It has high vaulted ceilings, an open floorplan, louvre windows and modern fixtures and fittings.The gourmet-style granite kitchen has a butler’s pantry while an upstairs balcony offers sweeping views of the picturesque canal.An entertainment deck and pool in the backyard overlook the water.The sellers built it as a “forever” home but never lived in it.“They bought the land and then they built the property on it,” Mr Booth said.Despite the downturn seen in property markets across the country, particularly Melbourne and Sydney, Mr Booth said the Gold Coast’s was performing quite well. MORE NEWS: New suburb in the running to become Coast’s most expensive [email protected] He said the Ray White Sovereign Islands office had recorded several million-dollar sales in the past few months.This includes an Arundel house that sold for $1.115 million in March, an Ephraim Island penthouse that fetched $1,927,500 in January as well as a Sovereign Islands mansion that was snapped up for $2.2 million in January. Mr Booth said a string of other properties had sold before auction, which showed there was still competition in the market.“I think there’s a lot of activity around at the moment, I think (the Coast) is bucking the trend, from my perspective,” he said.“It’s been a good start to the year.”center_img The near-new home hasn’t been lived in.Ray White Sovereign Islands agent Mitchell Booth said while it was the only property to sell under the hammer, many of the others had sold prior or were being negotiated with buyers after the event.“We had a really good turn out,” he said.“We had nine (properties) and of the nine, three of them had sold prior to auction.”Mr Booth said the five-bedroom Biggera Waters property, which was on the market for about a month before selling, attracted prospective buyers in droves.“We had 48 groups come through the property,” he said.“We had a group from Sydney fly up prior to the auction too.”The bidding started at $900,000 before quickly climbing to $1.2 million when the hammer came down. MORE NEWS: Waterfront home a real class act Four registered bidders were vying for the keys at auction on Tuesday night.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa11 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago They were attracted to the home’s waterfront position. It sold for $1.2 million under the hammer.last_img read more

Julian Edelman admits to faking concussion; NFL decision on fine still pending

No Comments

first_img SUBSCRIBE TO US COMMENT FOLLOW US First Published: 24th December, 2019 18:43 IST Not sure the OPI was intentional on Edelman. Looks like maybe he’s just protecting himself. But I also get why it has to be called. Stalls the drive but Folk buries a long FG and #Patriots retake the lead, 13-10. pic.twitter.com/blbWEZFlDy— Michael Giardi (@MikeGiardi) December 21, 2019 Also Read | Patriots Star Tom Brady Reveals Why He Has BANNED His Father From Speaking To MediaJulian Edelman pulls a Lazarus act against the Buffalo Bills Colin DCunha Julian Edelman admits he played up supposed head injury against Bills: ‘I was trying to sell it’ https://t.co/Htea476JXr pic.twitter.com/YSvPjJ1boc— For The Win (@ForTheWin) December 23, 2019 “I was trying to sell it. I was trying to sell. Maybe they didn’t see it, and then three flags were literally in my face. That sell didn’t work, and it got me out for a full quarter.” – Julian Edelmancenter_img During the game, Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman ran head-first into Jordan Poyer. Following the collision, Edelman lay on the ground, motionless. However, barely three seconds later, Julian Edelman appeared to recover from the collision once he saw that the penalty flags had been thrown. Following the incident, the Patriots wide receiver had to sit out a quarter of the game in order to be tested under NFL’s concussion protocol. Edelman was called for offensive pass interference, which brought back a would-be touchdown from Patriots tight end Benjamin Watson. Right after the game, Julian Edelman confirmed that he faked the concussion. Also Read | Jason Garrett’s Future Up In Smoke After Cowboys Succumb To Defeat Against Eagles Written By While Julian Edelman’s play-acting may not have benefitted anyone on the field, it remains to be seen whether the Patriots wide receiver will be punished for faking the head injury. Regardless of whether he was trying to get out of an offensive pass interference call, there is precedence for the NFL to fine both Julian Edelman and the New England Patriots. In 2012, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders was fined $15,000 for faking an injury during a game against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Steelers were also fined $35,000 after the incident.Also Read | Michael Thomas Breaks NFL Record For Most Receptions In A Single Season, Saints Celebrate LIVE TV WATCH US LIVE Last Updated: 24th December, 2019 18:43 IST Julian Edelman Admits To Faking Concussion; NFL Decision On Fine Still Pending The Patriots ended up clinching the AFC East title with a 24-17 win against the Buffalo Bills. Julian Edelman, however, made headlines after the NFL game. The New England Patriots secured the AFC East title after a 24-17 win over the Buffalo Bills. However, the Patriots’ resurgence wasn’t the only story to have emanated from the win over the Buffalo Bills. Julian Edelman made headlines after the game at the Gillette Stadium when he admitted to faking a head injury after a collision with Bills safety Jordan Poyer. Also Read | Tom Brady Celebrates WARRIOR Block Against Bills With Elandon Roberts’ Quotelast_img read more

Nadal, Raonic, Others Hit Q’finals

No Comments

first_imgGrigor Dimitrov beat injury-hit Denis Istomin to progress, and will face David Goffin, who overcame eighth seed Dominic Thiem.Nadal, who has struggled with injuries, is seeking his first major since claiming his 14th Grand Slam at the 2014 French Open.He had difficulty converting break points – six of 17 – but clinched victory over Monfils with his second match point, on the sixth seed’s serve.The Spaniard had cruised through the first two sets, but lost the third and was a break down in the fourth before sealing victory in two hours and 56 minutes.“Now I feel a little bit tired. But probably tomorrow [Tuesday] a bit better and hopefully after tomorrow perfect,” said Nadal, who is in his 30th major quarter-final, but first since Paris in 2015.“Against Milos Raonic I just need to play very, very well. He is the third player in the world, he beat me a couple of weeks ago in Brisbane and is a top player with an amazing serve.”Wimbledon finalist Raonic, 26, has reached the quarter-finals in Melbourne for the third consecutive year.Playing with a high fever, he rallied from 5-1 down in the first-set tie-breaker to win the opening set, but was then broken twice in the second.The 13th seed Bautista Agut then began to falter in the third set, when the roof at Hisense Arena was closed because of rain, and he later had to call for a trainer for a leg problem.Raonic duly took the third set and needed only 26 minutes to see out the fourth to win the match.“I was very fortunate to get through,” said Raonic, who hit 75 winners but also 55 unforced errors, including nine double faults.“There were moments where it wasn’t looking so good.”Bulgarian 15th seed Dimitrov, 25, came from behind to win 2-6 7-6 (7-2) 6-2 6-1 as Novak Djokovic’s conqueror Istomin struggled with a leg problem.Istomin, the bespectacled world number 117 from Uzbekistan, showed the effects of a demanding tournament.“Denis deserves all the credit for an unbelievable tournament, he has been on fire and he was striking the ball so well early in the match,” said Dimitrov.Goffin had earlier become the first Belgian man to reach the Melbourne last eight by beating Austrian Thiem.The 26-year-old 11th seed won 5-7 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 6-2 in soaring temperatures.Meanwhile, Johanna Konta faces the toughest task in tennis to beat Serena Williams, but she may have a secret weapon.Konta’s new coach Wim Fissette has guided all four of his previous charges to victories over Williams, and claims he knows how to make the Briton his fifth.Under Fissette, Kim Clijsters ousted Williams en route to winning the US Open in 2009, Sabine Lisicki beat her at Wimbledon in 2013, Simona Halep conceded just two games when she won at the WTA Championships in 2014 and last year, Victoria Azarenka overcame the American in the final at Indian Wells.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram AUSTRALIAN OPENFormer champion, Rafael Nadal reached the 2017 Australian Open quarter-finals with a hard-fought four-set victory over Gael Monfils.The 30-year-old Spaniard, who is seeded ninth and won the tournament in 2009, beat the Frenchman 6-3 6-3 4-6 6-4.Nadal will face third seed Milos Raonic – who beat Spain’s Roberto Bautista Agut – in the last eight tomorrow..Canadian Raonic, the highest seed left in the men’s singles, came through 7-6 (8-6) 3-6 6-4 6-1 against Spain’s Roberto Bautista Agut.last_img read more

2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup:Colombian referee to officiate Ghana – France

No Comments

first_imgColombian referee Wilmar Roldán will be the man in charge of Ghana’s opening game at the U20 World Cup against France on Friday.The 33-year-old will be assisted on the lines by compatriot; Humberto Clavijo and Eduardo Díaz.The fourth official for the match to be played in the Turkish capital of Istanbul is named Roberto Moreno and is from Panama.The Black Satellites will be looking for a bright start to their campaign against the very talented French team on Friday.Coach Sellas Tetteh’s team hope to emulate the historic feat achieved on 2009 when Ghana became the frost African country to win the U20 World Cup in Egypt.last_img